Project Resurgence: A CRPG built with Unreal Engine 4
Project Resurgence is a narrative focused single player CRPG created by Nectar Game Studios. What began as a passion project between a group of individuals utilizing the Unity 3D engine was later transitioned into a project using Unreal Engine 4. Enter a ravaged world that is on the cusp of seeing life return from the depths of a toxic landscape inhabited by thieves, gangsters and those that would maintain which little order exists. Explore the dark and dreary Tamric Mines your own way, sneaking around without being spotted or as a reckless renegade.
- Paper Prototyping: Used Photoshop to quickly create map layouts that could be easily iterated upon in a short amount of time.
- Modular Design: Created simple gray block models in Maya to send to artists for touch ups in order to create a modular asset kit for environment pieces.
- Level Design: Designed each area in the game to match the narrative goals while allowing for multiple play styles.
- Implementation: Used Unreal Engine 4 to implement level layouts, art assets and lighting.
- Teamwork: Worked with a passionate team of artists, designers and programmers to develop a shared vision for what Resurgence would become.
Pictured above is a zoomed out look at the demo map that I designed for Project Resurgence.